Friday, October 2, 2009
I use this easy and delicious pumpkin cake recipe in my home and professional kitchens.I am a huge fan of all things Autumnal and cannot wait for the first cold snap to start the pumpkin recipe barrage. Luckily my family likes the versatile, orange squash as much as I do. They will be seeing it in all forms from pasta and risotto to cakes, and ice creams. YUM! Chag Sameach
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoons baking soda
2 ¾ cups sugar
4 whole eggs
2 cups pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375
Lightly grease a 9X13 baking pan
1. Sift together the flour, cinnamon and baking soda and set aside.
2. Whip eggs and sugar to ribbon (about 3-5 minutes).
3. Gently fold in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
4. Fold in the fry ingredients.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons water
1. Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.